Duration: 1350 hrs
Session: Sept, Jan
Sector: Administration, commerce and secretariat
Schedule: Sept 12, Jan 25, 2021
Number of units: 90
Status: Program approved in 2008
DateJun 28, 2020 - Jun 30, 2020
Why enroll in this program?
Our program meets the real needs of businesses today and our teachers use the latest training techniques. Benefit from our experience and modern teaching methods. To learn more, call the ACCESS Centre.
- The program is officially recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports.
- The professional training you receive opens doors to many kinds of jobs in both the public and private sectors.
- The technological skills you acquire are highly valued in today’s business world.
- You can start your own business or work freelance.
- Financial aid is available for eligible candidates at www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/
- Provide students with the training needed to calculate and prepare purchase and sales invoices, receipts, payments, etc.
- Give students the skills required to perform payroll functions, calculate prices, and manage cash.
- Train students to carry out end-of-period and end-of-year accounting tasks.
- Teach students how to complete an accounting cycle using accounting tasks.
- Provide students with the skills needed to generate analysis reports and financial statements; to use spreadsheet, database, and presentation software; and to set up a basic accounting system.
- Help students acquire oral and written business communication skills in both English and French.
Content of program
|Determine their suitability for the occupation and the training process||30||2|
|Research and exchange information||60||4|
|Produce tables and charts||60||4|
|Do calculations and prepare source documents||30||2|
|Format accounting-related correspondence||60||4|
|Write accounting-related correspondence in English||90||6|
|Process source documents in different types of companies||60||4|
|Use information related to legislation affecting businesses||45||3|
|Interact in a variety of professional situations||30||2|
|Communicate in French in an accounting context||75||5|
|Prepare the payroll||30||2|
|Write and format accounting-related correspondence in French||60||4|
|Organize and process data related to a company’s resources||60||4|
|Carry out daily tasks related to transactions involving receivables and payables||60||4|
|Ensure that they work efficiently||75||5|
|Perform calculations needed to determine the cost of goods and services||75||5|
|Perform end-of-period tasks||75||5|
|Perform year-end tasks||75||5|
|Produce an income tax return for an individual||60||4|
|Implement an accounting system||45||3|
|Commit themselves to the development of their career||30||2|
|Enter the work force||120||8|